Kidney disease is not only uncomfortable and serious, but they are also very expensive to treat and often they may not be cured at all and prove to be fatal. But, there is still something natural that can be the ray of hope; we are talking about the CBD oil extracted from hemp.
What Is Chronic Kidney Disease?
In Chronic Kidney Disease, also known as Chronic Renal Failure, you have a progressive loss of kidney functions. Most often, it happens gradually and may take a few months to few years. Chronic kidney disease often goes undetected till the disease is in advanced stages. Almost 14% of all people in the US suffer from Chronic Kidney Disease.
The main symptoms include:
- Swelling of hands, feet, ankles – since kidneys do not function properly, the body cannot get rid of the extra fluid and swelling occurs.
- Itchy skin – again this is due to accumulation of waste products in your body that the renal functions cannot get rid of.
- Fatigue – EPO made by healthy kidneys help in producing oxygen-carrying red blood cells. With less EPO, there is less production of these cells, and hence, less oxygen reaches the muscles and brain which makes one tired quickly.
- Blood in urine, change in the texture of urine and increase in urination frequency.
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling dizzy, out of breath and suffering from muscle cramps and twitches.
How Can CBD Hemp Oil Be Used To Treat Chronic Kidney Disease?
Hemp oil can work in many ways to help in the treatment:
- CBD in hemp oil blocks the inflammatory cytokines which can adversely affect the kidney. It also reduces the activity in the pathway responsible for the expression of genes that aid in inflammation.
- Cleanse digestive tract.
- In a study conducted in 2002, 12 among the 15 involved patients showed a marked reduction in pain by the use of hemp oil.
- In a study conducted, it is also seen to reduce the effects of nephrotoxicity, thus improving renal function.
- Cannabis oil is also effective in reducing headaches which can be a symptom (Baron, 2015)
- Research conducted by Pan et. al.2009 show that it does improve renal functions.
What Does It Mean For The Chronic Kidney Disease Patients?
From the above studies and available literature, it is proven that cannabis oil can help alleviate the symptoms of this disease and also the ones that cause you this chronic renal failure in the first place. According to Kidney Hospital China, there are many benefits of cannabinoid oil for the suffering patients like –
- CBD enhances the functions of the kidneys
- It is anti-inflammation thus helping your damaged organ to work well
- You can sleep better and also relieve pressure
- It keeps your heart safe and also maintains proper cholesterol levels
- High blood pressure is also reduced
- It strengthens your immune system which can help you fight infections
Ideal Dosage of CBD
Different persons need different dosages of hemp oil, but a mark to start is 25 mg. You can range your dosage between 20 mg to 40 mg to get the desired effects.
One of our HempWorx customers had her best blood work after 3 weeks on our oil… Read her results here.